Wednesday, August 23, 2023

BB25: Power of Veto Show Live Blog and Party - Aug. 23

 

Good evening! I hope everyone is well. Again, I want to thank all those who have made donations to the blog. I've found that the Buy Me a Coffee link makes it hard to send thank you notes. So, thanks go out to Judi, Kim, Penny, CherryPie, Sharon M, Connie and Caela. I'm still getting ones from outside of the USA coming in as failed. If anyone reading this sent in a failed donation, I do appreciate the effort!

Tonight is the Veto comp episode. We have Jag and Cameron on the block. Will one be saved? Some of us might already know, but ... shhh. Let them show it on the show!

I will be live blogging the show as it airs here on the East Coast. I'll be updating regularly -- please refresh the page to get the latest updates. As always, the real party is in the comments area. I hope to see you there!

Sitting through the previously on segment.

We open the action with the nomination ceremony ending. Felicia is dead set on backdooring Hisam. Cameron and Jag are in on the plan. We see all the fake BB hugs after the ceremony. I just couldn't do that. Hisam thinks he can relax now. He thinks no one wants to target him.

Felicia told everyone about the backdoor Hisam plan. Well, everyone except Red because she thinks he might tell Hisam. Of course, Hisam doesn't know about it.

Blue is sad about Jag being on the block and cries to Hisam about it. But, nope ... she tells us it's all an act.

Oh, geez. Blue and America are going to make Cory release his inner fashionista. Heh. He's all in pink Womens' clothes. He is taking it well. I bet his Survivor brother is jealous!

Felicia, Izzy and Hisam are talking. Hisam doesn't want to play for veto as he has won too much already and feels safe with the Professors. He just wants to enjoy this week. Izzy wants to play.

Mecole is going crazy with all the talking and sometimes even the subject matter. She goes to the storage room to vent to herself. Then there's all the crying. Poor Mecole. I can identify with her on this!

Cameron goes and tells Red, the only one not knowing about the Hisam backdoor plan. He wants Red to know that he's his number one. Red thought it was earlier than he thought and is not comfortable about his own alliance planning it without him knowing. He wants to talk to Felicia.

She tells him Jag is the target. He throws Hisam's name out there just to see his reaction. She tells us someone had to tell him. She asks him what he thinks of the move. He seems on board. Cirie and Bowie Jane are also in the room. Red tells us he agrees with the plan but feels left out of the alliance.

Red tells us he wants Cameron to come into the Professors alliance. He tells all to Cameron. Oy. He tells us he will be happy to take that spot.

To the Blue/Jared showmance. Cirie is NOT happy. She lets him know.

Time to pick players for the veto comp! Felicia draws Houseguest's Choice chip and chooses Izzy. Cameron draws Houseguest's Choice, too. He goes for Red. Jag draws Cory. Of those, only Cameron has played a veto comp before.

The veto comp-- a chicken coop set-up, a pool of green sludge. It's the ComicVerse. Winner will be the next Humanimal. Go through sludge, lay an egg roughly by doing the Chicken Dance. Transfer a dozen eggs. Winner will be CockadoodleZoom (?) the rest of the week. Red braided his beard for the comp. They get covered with goop of their own individual colors while laying the eggs.

Jag wins the Power of Veto!


Felicia thinks the plan is all coming together.

Uh-oh. Jag gets his Cockadoodle Zoom costume. It is the best chicken costume BB has ever had. He makes a rap for it.

Hisam tells Felicia that Matt should go up in Jag's place. She rather noncommittally says Matt or Blue. He warns her against putting Blue up. He insists it needs to be Matt. "Do you go after a king or a knight?" he asks Izzy. Izzy tells Cirie, Felicia and MATT. Now Felicia is talking about using that line in the veto meeting.

Time for the veto meeting. As expected, Jag saves himself. Felicia nominates Hisam with his own words ... taking out a king. She puts him up as the renomination. He looks shocked. Everybody is subdued. Hisam looks almost catatonic. Cameron feels safe. Matt calls it payback. Hisam tells us it's shocking. He vows guilt as revenge.

We get the pressure cooker comp tease again for tomorrow night!

120 comments:

jo C said...

Hi Jackie an Hi to all that follow *splash*

Jackie S. said...

Waving to all before the show starts!

monty924 said...

HI Jackie and jo C.
~~~~SPLASH~~~~

Michelle said...

Hi Jo and Jackie. It was sweltering today. I hope everyone is staying cool.

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey Jackie and Jo and all who come in

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey Monty and michelle

Michelle said...

Hi Monty

jo C said...

its suppose to b 97 here Saturday and Sunday

SueGee said...

Hi to Jo C and Monty!! And a wave to the busy Jackie!!



Squeegee

SueGee said...

And Michelle and Cheryl and all that are sneaking in as I type!!

Squeegee

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Jo C and Sue Gee and Cheryl and Monte

monty924 said...

Hey Michelle, Cheryl and SueGee

Petals said...

*~*~* SPLASH ~*~*

Hey Ms Jackie!

Monty!!!

Hey Glenn, Squeeee, Michelle & CHeryl!

monty924 said...

Suppose to be 95* here tomorrow with a heat index of 105* 😮

Petals said...

and Jo!

Petals said...

it's 101 here now, heat index 119

monty924 said...

Hey Pal

monty924 said...

Hey Glenn

Petals said...

Bring on the insanity of the Veto meeting!

jo C said...

hey petals *big grin*

Sharon N said...

SPLASH
Hi everyone!

jo C said...

lets hope they dont do a battleeback starting this week

jo C said...

we cant unsee that LOL

monty924 said...

LOL... I like Cory a lot. He's grown on me.

Sharon N said...

Shhhh Jo C, don't jinx it!!! lol

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Petals. The Fake crying by Blue was funny!

Petals said...

same Monty.

I love the Cory, Cam, Jag, Red & Matt group. but I think Red knows Matt is a threat.

Sharon N said...

Me too Monty. Love Cory's humor.

monty924 said...

Yes, Buddy... I want to see fireworks at the veto meeting 😁

monty924 said...

Hey Sharon

Sharon N said...

Hi Monty ;)

jo C said...

ill b watching tomorrow on paramount plus my falcons play tomorrow night

Michelle said...

Hi to all those I missed above. I had tickets to the ballgame tonight and tomorrow, but I’m not sitting in heat indexes of 110°. Excessive heat makes me grouchy.

Jackie S. said...

Michelle - Where are you?

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks.

Hi Petals.

How's the job?

jo C said...

i know i should be sad IF my hamster is on the block but im not

Michelle. said...

Indiana, southern shores of Lake Michigan

Petals said...

meMe has great skin

Petals said...

Hey Honey! xoxo

Petals said...

It's GREEEEEAAAT.

monty924 said...

Love MeMe's storage room rants ❤️

monty924 said...

Hey Joe

jo C said...

sorry my hamster Hisam im rooting for my Ga peeps cameron and felicia

Petals said...

CamRed are like a Southern-Fried Hall & Oates

Glenn Allen said...

Red with the great Dr session!

Petals said...

Why were they intentionally telling everyone BUT Red ?

monty924 said...

Hall & Oates, lol

Jackie S. said...

Petals - They thought Red would tell Hisam.

jo C said...

id say more like simon and garfunkel

Cheryl in NC said...

Dang Michelle that's awful hot for that area right?

Joe in NY said...

Professors are probably toast. You start turning on each other this early, you're going to cause a premature schism.

Jackie S. said...

I'd say more like HewHaw

Cheryl in NC said...

It's supposed to hit triple digits in NC this weekend..

Jackie S. said...

HeeHaw, that is

Petals said...

Ugh, the 'faux-show-mama-say-NO-mance'

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie. Thank you so very much!!

Hi Petals, Glenn, jo C, Michelle, Monty, Joe, Sharon, Cheryl and all who follow.

monty924 said...

Our heat index has been in the triple digits all week. It's suffocating!

Cheryl in NC said...

I am amazed that they kept it from Hisom until the veto

Petals said...

Jackie - lol ♪♫ "where, oh where are you to-night? Why did you leeeave me here all alone..?♫

monty924 said...

Yes Cirie. Jerk a knot in his tail as my grandmother would say.

Hey Penny

jo C said...

Hey Nickelpeed

monty924 said...

Lol yes Jackie!

Michelle said...

Cheryl, we get temps in the high nineties, and every decade some temps over 100°. The humidity is what’s oppressive. But I’m glad to stay home and join the party to watch BB.

Glenn Allen said...

Hisam not picked in Veto draw and their were Two House guest choices!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny.

jo C said...

*does hpy daanxe that hisam was not picked*

Petals said...

hello henny Penny!


The schools in KCMO district have been releasing at 11:50 am due to the heat. Crazy.

Jackie S. said...

In NJ we are having nice weather. Saturday is the warmest in the next seven days with a high of 84.

Petals said...

Monty - My gramma said that too!

monty924 said...

Joe, the Professors are toast but they have so many onion alliances, it won't hurt them.

Cheryl in NC said...

The humidity is the killer. We have been upper 90s with heat index 100-105. But this weekend I think the highs will hit over100 and the feels like 105-115

Jackie S. said...

Huh. They had a news promo. A wallaby was found in Coney Island. Poor wallaby.

monty924 said...

Lol, Petals. Our grandma's were full of those sort of gems weren't they?

Petals said...

Lucky Jackie!!!

jo C said...

oh goodness

Petals said...

Love you Matt!

monty924 said...

Omg... Felicia is going to get Kathy'd

Petals said...

you know? I'm glad they aren't wasting REAL eggs on this comp. Egg prices are thru the roof.

monty924 said...

Sheriff Kathy (BB12)

Michelle said...

I feel bad for people who work outside and the animals.
I couldn’t be on BB or Survivor, I’m not a good liar and would hate to be lied to. And those shows are filled with really good liars. I guess I like other people being lied to. Haha

Petals said...

what a humiliating challenge...

monty924 said...

LOL Felicia... I knew it!

Petals said...

Michelle - it's OK for us to watch liars, as long as we aren't the ones doing it. Kinda like watching a crime drama - it ain't US! LOL

jo C said...

oh yes i feel bad for felicia

Glenn Allen said...

Jag lost his shoes during the Comp. Felicia keeps getting Stuck/

Michelle said...

That was too funny Petals

jo C said...

poor corey

monty924 said...

Renny was another funny one in a similar comp in S10

monty924 said...

Yay JAG

Petals said...

Now sh*t gets serious!

Jackie - on past seasons, you were prolly able to relax a bit watching the feeds, but this season? Wow - it's GAME ON 24/7!

Nickelpeed said...

The heat kills me, especially the humidity. I worked at a ballpark for 21 years. I did not go back this year. The humidity swells up my sinuses. By the end of the night, I am dripping wet. I loved working there. I miss the people. However, every time I think of the heat, every year I was there, I decided to give my body a rest.

Michelle said...

I wonder how they clean all their comp props.
That goo looks like it would be had to get off.

monty924 said...

I hear ya, Penny. I'm about two hours southeast of you and it's the same here.

Cheryl in NC said...

Can't wait to see this veto meeting

Nickelpeed said...

Michelle, I wondered that, too. Jackie, do they have a clean up crew for competitions or do the participants clean it up?

jo C said...

ikr itll b priceless

monty924 said...

I know what you mean Petals. I got up at 7:30 yesterday morning and Matt and Jag were just going to bed.

Michelle said...

It seems like the backyard Astro turf would be pretty gross by week three.

monty924 said...

I described his costume to my casual relatives and friends as a cross between a chicken and the Flash

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey penny where did ya work?

Glenn Allen said...

That is a great description, Monty!

Jackie S. said...

Penny - Staff cleans up the yard after the comps. The hamsters go on indoor lockdown until all is done.

Petals said...

Actually, the HGs were mentioning the past couple days about the "goo" mess in the yard. They described it like a paste ( I guess, as it dried, maybe?) Maybe BB does a shampoo of the astroturf when they are locked-in?

Sharon N said...

I'm betting Production has the entire back yard covered with plastic sheeting under the comp set-up.

monty924 said...

Here we gooooooooooo

Cheryl in NC said...

Here we go

jo C said...

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monty924 said...

Oh SNAP

Petals said...

Jared is such a douchetard. Bad poker face. @@

Ciao everyone! Thank you Ms J

CU2morro

Nickelpeed said...

Yeah, Monty. A lot of people say how terrible cold is on them, not me. Heat is my nemesis. I don't know how I made it through 21 years. I've always worked outside. Every Summer, I would dread it. Every year there would be a time period where the heat was close to triple digits. Once the heat went above 75, I knew I'd go home soaked.

Michelle said...

Well that was relatively calm meeting.

Brent McKee said...

I love that when she said it she cited her source for the quote.

Cheryl in NC said...

He was stunned..no hugs all around there..wait a few fake hugs

Nickelpeed said...

See everyone tomorrow night! Thank you, Jackie.

monty924 said...

Can't wait for tomorrow night. Thanks as always Jackie and will see you all in the comments.

Night

Cheryl in NC said...

Thanks as always Jackie for being the hostess with the mostet..Goodnight all ..until tomorrow

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by!

Cheryl in NC said...

And Jon if you show up and read this all.....you were missed.Hope you were napping. Lol

Sharon N said...

Thanks Jackie!

Will "someone" try to flip the vote? lol

cctru said...

Again, here I am three hours later watching the show. It's more fun to just read your comments but I decided to watch. Was Felicia really that slow in the veto competition? Was it that hard? I guess she's not the most athletic, but it almost seemed staged. Like either she didn't want to win or she wants to appear the opposite of a comp-beast.