Wednesday, September 27, 2023

The Amazing Race 35: Season Premiere Blog Party!

 


Don't forget to sign up for the blog pool!

The link to the blog pool sign up is right here. Please sign up ONLY on that post, not this one! The cut-off is Friday but do it now! There are supposed to be no non-Philimination legs this season, so one team should be out tonight. That team will not be in the blog pool. However, there will be no reassignments with the boot next week!

For a cheat sheet with photos and names of the teams, check out this post of mine! Oh ... and deaf people are making a mark on reality TV this year. Rob, the father on the father/son team of Rob/Corey, is deaf. TAR has not had a deaf contestant since Season 14.

I will be live blogging the action the best I can as the show airs here on the East Coast. I say the best I can because it's hard to keep track with new teams AND we even have two more teams than usual this season! They will no longer have the Covid-era private jet and will have to scramble at airports again. Woohoo! As usual, the real party is in the comments area -- I hope to see you there!

The teams start off at the Hollywood sign (its 100th birthday). Like with Survivor, we're getting sound bites from the different teams. Phil welcomes them to Hollywood. Each team introduces themselves. He tells them no non-elims. Express Pass will allow them to skip a challenge. U-Turns are a mandatory vote to slow down another team. Airports are back in play. Clues are inside the cars down the hill. They have to get to the Biltmore Hotel.

We're getting bits and pieces of each team.

Joe and Ian are the first to the Biltmore Hotel. Roadblock, on a tightrope high above the city, unscramble the clue to the next destination, Derek and Claire will give them the clue, two flights, six teams on the first one, 90 minutes apart.

Joe first at the clue. Other teams are arriving to the tightrope. Greg sees of and gets it. He thinks City of ... Angels and gets the clue. They have to go the LAX and fly to Bangkok, Thailand. Heh, in a hearing group all working together on the clue, Rob gets it alone.

The teams are arriving at LAX. It turns out Greg of brothers Greg and John has been learning sign language. He can communicate with Rob. So, a bond is forming with those teams. Six teams have lined up for tickets and more are arriving. Uh-oh, the second flight is getting tickets.

14-hour flight connecting through Taipei before getting to Bangkok, first clue is at the giant Buddha. Taxis. Victor, husband of Jocelyn, speaks Laotian which is similar to Thai and can communicate with the driver.

Morgan/Lena (sisters) first to clue, have to travel by boat and tuk-tuk. Express Pass chance. Clear a plate of exotic fried insects ... EACH. Ew. They are having issues with it. (But doing better than I would do!) Another team decided not to try when they saw the bugs. Rob and Corey head there. Lena has ONE bug more! And we go to commercial. They finish. Morgan/Lena have the Express Pass.

Some teams are still thinking of trying the Ezpress Pass. Others are boarding the marked river boat. Meanwhile, the second plane with seven teams is arriving. 

The first teams are getting into the tuk-tuks. Jocelyn/Victor Detour clue first. Sword Play, 30 seconds of a routine. Spa Day, painful (?) massage. Only five pairs of therapists. If you stop, you must go to end of line. Malaina and Andrea are the only ones going for Sword Play so far. Eep, Todd and Ashlie had to start over on the massage because he inadvertently stopped the masseuse.

Malaina and Andrea are having trouble with the Sword Play as they practiced with wooden sticks, not real swords. They give up and go to the massage.

Jocelyn/Victor through the massage first followed by Corey/Rob. It's a race to the Pit Stop for them at a Temple.

Pit Stop Order:
1. Jocelyn/Victor, trip to Patagonia won.
2. Corey/Rob
3. Greg/John
4. Morgan/Lena
5. Todd/Ashlie
6. Steve/Anna Leigh
7. Joel/Garrett
8. Liam/Yeremi
9. Joe/Ian
10. Malaina/Andrea?
11. Robbin/Chelsea? (10 and 11 may be reversed)
12. Elizabeth/Iliana
13. Alexandra/Sheridan - Philiminated

53 comments:

SueGee said...

Ok - on to the next show!!

Jackie - there is someone asking to be in the pool on the Survivor page with photos and names. You want to tell him or shall I?

Squeegee

monty924 said...

Hello again to everyone...

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie and all that follows

CherryPie

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks

Joe in NY said...

I've missed TAR

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Chery Pie and Joe and Monty and Sue Gee

Michelle said...

Hi everyone, this looks like a great group of teams. I’m glad to see they have to make their own air travels.

Jackie S. said...

SueGee - I have no time to tell them tonight. I told them in the post to sign up ONLY on the sign post. I can look later, I guess.

SueGee said...

TAR has always been a favorite of mine. Survivor too.

Brent McKee said...

The second place team in this year’s “Amazing Race Canada” included a double amputee. He was the second double amputee to participate in “The Amazing Race Canada” and the second to finish second. Never underestimate the differently abled.

Michelle said...

Mother daughter team look exactly alike. More like sisters.

Jackie S. said...

The mother and daughter do look so much alike! The mother's hair is shorter. I'm really liking the backstory to Corey and Rob, the deaf father hearing son.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi everyone again. Thank you Jackie!!

Are the two Alaskans the same brothers who won the Challenge USA last year?

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny, So great to see Claire and DX.

monty924 said...

Of the three shows, TAR was the last one that I started watching but I love it too. I was a BB fan since S2 and I started watching Survivor around Pearl Islands but didn't watch religiously until Cook Islands when Yul won. I was hooked after that, LOL

Michelle said...

It’s good to see Derek and Claire. They were a joy to watch.

Jackie S. said...

I don't think so, Penny. I don't watch The Challenge but don't recall it in their intros.

monty924 said...

Love Derek and Claire

Michelle said...

At least the bugs aren’t alive. That’s a big plate of bugs. :(

Petals said...

I'm here. I had take a call during Survivor & missed the entire show !

SPLASH for the Race!

Jackie S. said...

I would walk away the second I saw them. I have a bad gag reflex.

monty924 said...

don't know if i could eat gross things for a million dollars or not. hmmm

Michelle said...

Petals, do you record Survivor?

Petals said...

OMgosh!! A Travis Kelce commercial????????? I just can't! Ever since stupid Taylor Swift came to KC to watch his game last wknd, my entire town is Traylor-Crazy! It's all over the local news, radio, billboards, tshirts...@@

Jackie S. said...

Have no clue who that is, Petals. I'm not a Taylor Swift follower.

Petals said...

Michelle - yes, I recorded it. I'll watch prolly in the morning. :)

Jackie S. said...

I ate a chocolate-covered grasshopper once. But there was chocolate.

Petals said...

Jackie - be glad! Travis Kelce is a KC Chief, and had a dating show @@. It's all just so very PR machine nonsense, but the young girls in my office all have the fever.

Brent McKee said...

Petals - You might say that they are Tay-Tay cray-cray.

Or maybe not.

monty924 said...

I like the Dad/Daughter

Michelle said...

Petals, don’t read Jackie’s blog or the comments for Survivor until you watch the episode.
I would just lick the chocolate off the grasshopper Jackie, cause I’m not wasting chocolate.

Petals said...

Jackie - did you chew or swallow whole?

Petals said...

I didn't read anything Michelle - I was good, LOL. xoxo

Petals said...

Brent - GOOD ONE!!!! LOL

SueGee said...

I always read the blog and most nights the comments before I watch. I would have trouble watching without knowing who got booted LOL

Michelle said...

I love hearing their backstories.
I wonder if anyone ever gets hurt in one of those massages.

monty924 said...

Have to check out early. Everyone have a good night and will see you tomorrow for the ZOMBIE BUY BACK!

Thanks Jackie

Jackie S. said...

Petals - Only chewed enough to taste the chocolate, then swallowed.

Petals said...

lol Jackie - I'd do the same.

Petals said...

G'nite Monty!

Sharon N said...

G'nite Monty!

Nope, none of it... not even for the chocolate!!! lol

Jackie S. said...

Sharon N - I was in college when I did it. No way today!

Sharon N said...

Jackie... maybe alcohol was involved? LMAO

Petals said...

ha, Sharon!

Michelle said...

I always have a hard time watching the Survivor episodes when when they eat live worms and bugs. I always wonder if they get parasites.

SueGee said...

so many teams to wait for!!

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie. Appreciate it.

See everyone next week!!

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming by!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jackie. I’ll see most of you tomorrow for BB zombie shenanigans

Petals said...

Thank you for the long night, Ms Jackie.

xoxo

Glenn Allen said...

Thank You Jackie!

Sharon N said...

Thank you Jackie!

Mike Barer said...

Yes, I was the big loser in our private pool.