Wednesday, October 04, 2023

The Amazing Race 35: You Don't See That at Home, Ep. 2 Blog Party - Oct. 4

 

Hi, there! Although there will be no non-Philimination legs in the race this season, we're still in Thailand. Well, they are in Thailand. Chances are we are at home in our comfy chairs and not in Thailand.

I will be live-blogging and updating this post constantly as the show airs here on the East Coast. I do ask for your patience as I am still getting used to the teams. Refresh the page to get the latest updates. As always, the real blog party is in the comments. I hope to see you there!

That wonderful Lifeguard SueGee has made the random picks for the blog pool. You can check out photos and names of the teams on this post I made a while back.

Ashlie & Todd -- Dr Celine, NanaintheNW, SueGee
Elizabeth & Iliana -- Donna in AL, DonnaNY, Nickelpeed
Greg & John -- Brent McKee, Jackie, Judi Sweeney
Jocelyn & Victor -- Cherry Pie, chrob61, Nora M
Joe & Ian -- Cookie Jar, Michelle, Pearl
Joel & Garrett -- ChicMc, Ethan, Willie J, Jasonuwp
Liam & Yeremi -- Andi, KathyB, monty924, Skyriverblue
Malaina & Andrea -- Cheryl in NC, CherylNY, Debbie
Morgan & Lena -- Bizaro22, Debbie in FL, Krysta
Robbin & Chelsea -- Indiana Jane, KelseyNY, MikesGirl
Rob & Corey -- marthalight, PDX Granny, Sharon N
Steve & Anna Leigh -- David, Donna in FL, Glenn Allen

Are you ready? Let's GO!

As usual, I'm sitting through the Previously On segment.

They have to travel by taxi to Nakhon Paton (sp) in the nearby countryside and find their next clue at a temple.

Jocelyn and Victor arrive first at the clue box. Roadblock. The lotus flower, grown in ponds. Who has a green thumb? Ten bulbs, leaves and wrapped together. Jocelyn does it. Rob does it for Corey and Rob. Jocelyn is familiar with the Buddhist flower bundling. Greg and John got a bit lost but are back on track.

The task is harder than it seems on the surface -- very precise. Jocelyn finally makes it through. Rob finishes! John (or was it Greg) finished and they are on their way.

Travel by taxi to an elephant statue, coin in slot, cross under it three times to the next clue.

Yeremi and Liam make the same wrong destination as Greg/John did.

Jocelyn/Victor - Detour- Stock up or Scoop up. 1st pick up ingredients, deliver to restaurant. Pomelo fruits load up on boat and fill five buckets of them. The ingredient list is phonetic but Victor plans to say it with a Thai accent. He actually recognizes the items on the list.

Steve finally made it through the Roadblock. Then finally ... Ashlie!

Jocelyn and Victor deliver the ingredients. Uh-oh ... missing an item! They are delivering again. They get the clue for the Pit Stop. Suan Sampran. Rob and Corey head to the Pit Stop.

Pit Stop order:
1. Jocelyn/Victor - Won $2,000 each
2. Rob/Corey
Many teams are still stuck on the lotus flower arrangements. Garrett and Joel have to turn around because they left the fanny pack back at the clue.
3. Greg/John
4. Lena/Morgan
5. Todd/Ashlie
6. Steve/Anna Leigh
7. Joe/Ian
8. Yeremi/Liam
9. Joel/Garrett
10. Andrea/Malaina
11. Robbin/Chelsea
12. Elizabeth/Iliana -- Philiminated

48 comments:

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie. Thank you so much.

SueGee said...

I'll be back in a few....Hi to all that enter

monty924 said...

Hi to all

Michelle said...

Hi Everyone.

Jackie S. said...

Hey again!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi again Jackie and Michelle and Monty and Penny. Hi Sue Gee

Michelle said...

Between BB TAR and Survivor, I’m spending more time with you guys than my family.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi SueGee, Monty, and Michelle

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Glenn

Petals said...

~*~*~* SPLASH ~*~*~*~

Hellooooo again! Plenty of jello shots & STELLLLAAAA

I am not officially in this pool, but I am SOO rooting for the CODA team (deaf dad)

Joe in NY said...

This is on too late. I never make it to the end

Michelle said...

I have Joe and Ian. I had to look up who the were. Thanks SueGee for making the pool. Too bad about your Brandon pick.

SueGee said...

Never trust anyone named Brandon!!

Joe - I'm luck I can follow along here, then watch Survivor and record TAR for tomorrow!! I sometimes stay up past 11, but 10 o'clock and my eyes start closing!

Glenn Allen said...

Ny Poool team is the Father and Daughter

Jackie S. said...

I have the two guys who just got lost. But I have faith they will recover!

monty924 said...

Same here Joe

Glenn Allen said...

The Flowers are tougher than it seems

Brent McKee said...

Jackie , you and I have the same team. They definitely learned from others’ mistakes in the flower task.

Brent McKee said...

And another team goes to the wrong location!

monty924 said...

Ouch... my brothers are 40 minutes behind

Brent McKee said...

I love Thai food. Don’t get to eat it as much as I’d love to.

Nickelpeed said...

I'm wimp, Brent. Some of the food is just too spicy.

Nickelpeed said...

This team is so good.

Michelle said...

Love Thai food, the hotter the better.

SueGee said...

One thing we have learned with TAR is that some of their tasks involve smarts, some luck! I still remember tasks where they have to search for something like a stamp on a letter in thousands of blanks ones. The smartest teams just might not be lucky ones!!

And on that note - I might be eliminated from both pools on the same night!!

monty924 said...

I love the father/son team

Jackie S. said...

I like them, too Monty. I also like Jocelyn and Victor a lot. My own blog pool pick team -- brothers Greg and John have promise, too.

Brent McKee said...

Depending on the restaurant Nickelpeed, you can frequently get a choice of how spicy the food is. I used to like it quite spicy, but as I’ve gotten older my taste in spicy food has gotten milder.

Glenn Allen said...

The Flower Bouquet challenge has been a real Challenge for teams

Glenn Allen said...

Hi brent McKee

Michelle said...

It would be so discouraging after 15 attempts and watching all the other teams leave. She should take a better look at the example.

Nickelpeed said...

I agree, Michelle. And the father/daughter sinking their boat.

Michelle said...

The tree at the pit stop is gorgeous.

Nickelpeed said...

Wow, right now, it's hard to tell who could be last!

Glenn Allen said...

My Father Daughter Team finished 6th.

Michelle said...

Joe and Ian are seventh. Yay, my pool guys live to race another day.

SueGee said...

Yay!! Not eliminated from both pools on the same night!!

Glenn Allen said...

Michelle that is good. 7th place about in the middle.

Nickelpeed said...

I think my team is going to be eliminated.

Michelle said...

Glenn your team is constant. All of the teams seem really likable people.

monty924 said...

Team #8. My brothers are still in it.

Nickelpeed said...

My team is gone. Waaaaaaaaa.

monty924 said...

Thanks, Jackie. Will see everyone tomorrow for the Live Eviction on BB

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie. Appreciate it.

See everyone tomorrow night for BB - I hope anyway

Michelle said...

So sorry Penny. I really liked your team. Their relationship makes me miss my mom.

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming by. I must go collapse now.

SueGee said...

Night everyone!! Time for me to go watch Survivor and start the night all over again!

Squeegee

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Michelle!