Tuesday, April 17, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Tuesday, April 17, 2007















Before I get started, I'd like to offer my condolences to those touched by the tragedy at Virginia Tech. Such an incredible loss to the families and friends... words cannot express my sadness. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

And, if you noticed, my usual TV Newsy Bits graphic has been temporarily replaced. This is a shot I took of the underpass I must walk beneath to get to the eastbound commuter train (towards Newark/New York City). It has a 13'6" warning for low trucks. Well, um... if I lay down on an inflatable raft, I might just clear the bridge. Blame the Raritan River. Needless to say, the station is still closed. Yet, I made it to work. (Sigh.) The devastation I saw in Bound Brook today was unbelievable. I saw it on TV, but seeing it in person is very different.

Onto TV Newsy Bits:
  • Interviews with the most recent America's Next Top Model eliminee (is that a word?), Whitney, can be found in these articles -- RealityShack and Reality TV World.
  • Country superstar singer Martina McBride will be coaching the American Idol 6 contestants tonight. Hmmm... what will Sanjaya sing?
  • This week's American Idol contestant will be Number Seven. I found a blog with an interesting look at previous Number Sevens on the show. Jennifer Hudson was a Seven.
  • Whether really spoilers or just a writer's predictions, this Reality TV Calendar article may or may not have real spoilers for next week's Survivor 14: Fiji. You've been warned.
  • Tonight is the elimination show for Dancing With the Stars. Since I don't watch, if someone could get the eliminated announcement in the comments of the blog discussion post for the show, I'd love you! (Well, a platonic kind of love, you know.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it thru the storm!

Let's hope Sanjaya does not sing..."Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy" IMAO

Anonymous said...

delee - I think "Save a Horse..." would have been better than what he did! I think I heard Bonnie Rait swearing all the way here in Wisconsin!!

And when he was walking around, didn't he kinda look like a teenage girl?

Anonymous said...

Orkmommy, he sure did blow it and I think his hair was the worse yet. I think I heard Martina in PA too. Hopefully this will be the END! Phil really did a g8 job...Jordin needs no comment...Kiki Kiki ouch.

Anonymous said...

((((Jackie))))
I can't believe you drove to work in all that flooding and had the right mind to take a pic to boot. That's our Jackie. :) I'm glad you are safe but surprised your office stayed open during the worst of it. Thanks for sharing your experience.

My prayers and sympathies go out to all those affected by the Virginia Tech tragedy. I was deeply saddened by their loss.

Stay safe and God bless us all.
Zoetawny~
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh wow,Jackie,you didn't happen to see animals walking two by two,did you???? It is always so amazing what damage water can do when it unleashes it's fury. Hope it goes down and the clean up can begin. We had our own mini flooding two years ago and it just breaks your heart when things are ruined.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the shooting at VaTech. It only takes something like this to bring home how precious and tenuous life is sometimes. It's so senseless and horrific,but all the more so for those living through this personally.What a waste of talent and potential!

It seems almost a shame to comment on these shows tonight,but life does go on and if we give into these kooks that try and change the sameness and safety of everyday life,then they win. I thought Sanjaya was terribly HORRIBLE tonight and,I hate to say it,but KiKI was not too good either. Don't know if it will land her in the bottom or not,but it should be S and Chris and her for bottom three. Phil was actually good and,of course...JORDIN ROCKS!!
For once,I did like Melinda and thought Blake was okay(not great,but okay).I thought finally Melinda looked young and hip in her outfit tonight. BUT...JORDIN RULES.....I just love her!!

Oh,and Jackie,CLYDE Drexler FINALLY got sent home and he looked soooo relieved. I felt so sorry for his partner,there was NO connection between them and it showed in their dancing.HM was the other one in the bottom two. And APOLO and Julianne got a perfect score of tens this week......it was a hot,hot samba......oh Lordy!!!!

Sydney said...

Sharon -- that's funny. Jackie , I can't believe you got to work, or that they made everyone. I sugggest a bonus for that!

Jackie S. said...

Sydney - Alas, no bonus for getting in. I have paid time off I could use, but my work would just pile up. Today I was scheduled to be off anyway and my train station remains closed. I hope it's up and running tomorrow!

Many folks at my workplace are in worse straits. Where I live came through relatively unscathed, but many of my co-workers are still stranded, dealing with flooded homes and ruined possessions, some staying in shelters not allowed back into their homes yet.

Me? My only real problem is getting from here to there. It's understandably an obstacle, but I'm not dealing with personal misfortune through this as many I know are. I'm very lucky.