Monday, April 16, 2007

Whatever Will I Watch Tonight? - Monday, April 16, 2007

Ah, I'm enjoying my restful unplanned day off from my day job. I was right. Had I gone into work, I would have been stranded. NJ Transit has suspended the train line I need for my commute and flooding of the Raritan River has necessitated the evacuation of Bound Brook, a town I have to go through to get to work. And the river won't even crest until early this evening. Closed roads, canceled trains, a cozy apartment with working electricity. I'm set!

Similar to when Hurricane Floyd flooded Bound Brook, there was another fire there today. During the last really big flood, it was a motorcycle dealership burning in the middle of flood waters. That made national news. As I type this, they just announced five homes were involved in the fire, not three. Fire boats from other areas of NJ and NYC didn't arrive in time and firefighters couldn't get near enough to the fire due to the flood waters. With its history of flooding, I'm wondering why Bound Brook doesn't have its own fire boat.

Oh, well... here's hoping the cable doesn't go out. What will I watch tonight?
  • 8 PM -- CBS has a repeat How I Met Your Mother followed by a new The New Adventures of Old Christine. NBC has a new Deal or No Deal. ABC has a ninety-minute Dancing With the Stars -- remember to stop by the DWTS blog discussion post to talk about the show with a fine group of folks! FOX is airing a new Drive. Hmmm... did the show start last night? I'll probably take a peek at it, but if I recall correctly, the premiere was last night while I was busy with Amazing Race. I could be wrong.
  • 9 PM -- CBS has new episodes of Two and a Half Men and The King of Queens. NBC has a new Thank God You're Here. FOX has a new episode of 24.
  • 9:30 PM -- ABC has a ninety-minute The Bachelor: An Officer and a Gentleman airing. Again, if you watch the show, please drop by the blog discussion post for the skinny and good discussion!
  • 10 PM -- CBS has a new C.S.I.: Miami while NBC has doubled up repeats of My Name is Earl. Chances are I'll be either watching a new Animal Precinct on Animal Planet or FOX, UPN or CW news trying to see what's happening with the storm closings around here.

All in all, it's not an exciting night of television for me although I know some very popular shows are on. What will you be watching?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're staying warm and dry today. If I understand correctly, tonight's "How I Met Your Mother" is the "Swarley" episode, which i think is probably the funniest episode ever. I about wet my pants laughing the first time I saw it. (Maybe I should drop by the Rx and pick up some disposables for tonight?) ;0)

Jackie S. said...

Nancy - Yes, I just checked. It is the "Swarley" episode, well worth a re-watch!

Anonymous said...

Jackie,
Day off great, but what is happening around you is not!

I am in shock over what has happened at Va Tech. Bless the student body, the families of the killed and injured. Makes you wonder about other colleges, they are all wide open to this type of attack.

I will be taping Little People(TLC) and CBS from 830-1100. DWTS and Bachelor are a must see. Did anyone catch "Drive" last night on Fox? Another one is on tonight at 8p. I read bad reviews about it, but I enjoyed it. Kind of far-fetched but entertaining. Just watch another show I start and then gets cancelled.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
After Deal or No Deal is..
"Thank God You're Here"...
Caught the 1st show the other night & my entire family LOVES it.
It is a comedy improv....
They take a well known star, put them in an unexplained costume..and push them through a door were a cast of characters are waiting and they have to figure out how to be funny in this environment.
Try it...you might like it!!!

--smh

Anonymous said...

I watched Drive. I'm giving it a chance. It's kind of like Amazing Race meets Lost, given the big ensemble and the flashback/back stories.

Sydney said...

Jackie -- any thoughts on the new show coming on called Notes from the Underbelly? I guess I'm surprised a show like that hasn't come along already... Sex in the City meets 30 Something meets the new baby boom?

Sydney said...

Thanks smh, I read your post and turned it on right away --- meant to check it out but waiting for the Bachelor.

Jackie S. said...

Sydney - I don't know much about that show. I think I've seen one promo for it. I'm not sure if it would be my cuppa, but I may check it out. Do you when it's supposed to air?

Sydney said...

Ms. J - They've been advertising for it for a few weeks.. I think it's a mid season replacement. And it will be I think on CBS. Not sure it's my cuppa either but from the previews it actually looks like it has a good chance from what I can see of it. So I thought you'd have a few fans here who might be into it. Maybe not ;-)

Sydney said...

PS: It's Wed at 8:30.

Has anyone been watching the spectacular Planet Earth series on Sunday nights, Discovery channel? It's unbelievably moving, and even more beautiful on HD TV. I meant to ask about this weeks ago...

Anonymous said...

Notes from the Underbelly has already been on, last Thursday night I believe. I recorded it but haven't watched it yet.

LYSS said...

Lastnight was a ho-hum night for me..i caught drive..it was ok..what i caught of it..i was flippin between that and the country music awards on cmt..(don't know why i dont listen to country music that much..the only song i know was the one by carrie underwood..)then i watch'd Thank God your here..love that show..i hope it stays on for a while..i hate this time of the season..all my shows are not on and theres no big brother on yet..has ne one heard ne thing about that??
lyss

Sydney said...

Just wanted to shout out to Nancy B in Houston, as I recently moved there... nice to feel someone in the same town is a regular here!

Lyss, I think BB starts in July!

Anonymous said...

Last week on the Early Show, Julie said Big Brother would be back on in July.

Anonymous said...

Yes,BB will be back in July. They just had a casting call in Cleveland last week for BB. I sure hope some of the wackos they showed on the evening news don't make the show....lol. I didn't see a Dr Will or a Janelle in the bunch.Bring it AWN....I'm ready!

Anonymous said...

Back atcha, Sydney! I moved to Houston almost 13 years ago from the Dallas/FW area (yeah, big move I know). But, it's home, for better or worse (or some humidity or more humidity). People ask me why I moved here when it's so "nasty" with humidity. I say so long as I've got A/C in the car, home and work, I'm good to go! :)