Saturday, September 12, 2020

BB22: Live Feeds into Saturday Afternoon, PoV Results - Sept. 12

 

Rather glum, don't you think?


Here's the latest from inside that Big Brother House of Harried Hamsters:

  • First, I need to mention something that went down last night after I last posted.
  • Now, this happened off camera so I don't know whose version to believe.
  • I've heard Memphis say before that production told him it was okay to intimidate people.
  • David, rather foolishly as no one but himself would save himself, has denied that he used a power to remove himself from the block.
  • Yes, if I were a fellow house hamster, I'd doubt his story, too.
  • BUT ... supposedly Memphis came along and hit (whatever) David on the shoulder telling him to 'fess up and admit he had and used a power.
  • In the retelling of the tale with Dani, Enzo, Cody present, Cody has him really hitting David hard and being very scary. Dani showed what Memphis told her he did as a friendly little shoulder tap and a gentle pleading voice to confess. Enzo says it was actually something in between.
  • No matter what way, Memphis should not be allowed to intimidate people.
  • Oh. And David is stupid not to just go ahead and admit it.
  • Today's veto players are Dani, Tyler and Kevin (HOH and the two nominees) and the randomly selected players Da'Vonne, Ian and Enzo.
  • Da'Vonne won the Power of Veto -- comp blocked to the live feeds, of course.
  • I can't help but giggle a bit that Dani's HoH has turned into a bit of a feces-show!
  • Heh.
  • First, she nominated Kevin and David.
  • David saved himself with his secret BB Basement power.
  • So, Dani had to nominate a third person even before veto.
  • Now, with Da'Vonne winning the PoV and being a tight ally of Kevin's, it's very likely she will use it to save him.
  • I know that others will try to convince her that it will be Tyler leaving, not Kevin.
  • But, will she take that chance with one of her few allies?
  • I don't think so.
  • If she saves Kevin, Dani's choices are limited. 
  • She could put Christmas up (as a pawn?) but will she take a chance on a woman leaving?
  • Or, she could put Ian up. If it's Ian and Tyler on the block, I could see Ian leaving.
  • I don't want that to happen.
  • Pretty much everyone else who's not already safe (David, Kevin if he's saved) is in her alliance.
  • I would love for her to take the move and put Memphis up or Christmas. I'd rather either of them leave over Tyler or Ian.
  • I suppose she could put up Enzo thinking Tyler would go.
  • Heck, I'd rather Kevin leave over Tyler or Ian. But Da'Vonne will do whatever she feels is right with the veto. And, I believe that will be to save Kevin.
  • The veto meeting isn't until Monday.
  • What a quandary ...

I be cool. I used my power!


I WON MY FIRST VETO EVER!


They said I could intimidate people.


I should still be safe.

18 comments:

Petals said...

WOW!

I'd heard about the Memphis/bully thing, but apparently BB is looking the other way about it. Which makes me think that he is truly skating effortlessly to the $50k

I am so surprised that DaVonne won the veto. Shocked! They'd talked about throwing it to Tyler, but no one ever thought Day would really win anything.

I really don't care who leaves, tho.

Sharon N said...

Exactly Jackie. Dani's HOH is becoming a hot mess!! :D)))
It's crazy!! There are so many alliances, I don't know how they keep track.
Dani is in all but ONE. So is Cody, but he's not in the HOH Hot Seat.

Core 4: Dani, Nicole, Cody and Enzo.
4 Prime: Dani, Nicole, Cody, and Ian.
The Committee: Dani, Nicole, Cody, Christmas, Tyler and Memphis.
Triple Threat: Cody, Enzo, and Tyler.
Dani, Cody and Nicole are in a separate alliance.
Dani also has a separate side alliance with Christmas and Nicole.
Plus all the multiple single alliances running amok.

They all may decide it's their opportunity to take a shot at Tyler, which would make Dani happy.

monty924 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
monty924 said...

I think Tyler's screwed... so, hopefully something will happen and he stays but I'm not counting on it. I mean Day winning POV was the worst case scenario for me being a Tyler fan but it means that my pool girl won a comp and a crucial one for her. She'll take Kevin down and Dani doesn't want to put Ian up because of the talking to she got in the DR, and I do FIRMLY believe that she got it so no matter who she puts up against Tyler now will likely stay. Oh well, my pool girl is safe this week but she needs to get better at playing this game for me to actually root for her this season. Love her in the DR, but she's screwed so many people over in the game with bad reads and just bad play. sigh

Sharon N said...

yep Monty, it's lookin' that way. My pool boy is getting shafted between Dani and Nicole.
Tyler and Memphis on the fringe of The Committee, so Tyler was an easy pick. Memphis' side alliance with Dani and Nicole kept him safe... this time. The only other choice would have been Enzo, but he seems to be "in" better with everyone.

sflewie said...

First of all, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Jackie! You recaps and hilarious comments are much appreciated by this long time reader/fan of yours. I rarely comment, but had say thanks again for what must be (especially this year) a tedious job. You do it with flair, humor and a talent for writing that is most commendable.

After Dani’s mess of an HOH week, I can’t imagine her using “The Replay” power she won in the basement and playing for the next HOH. Her head would probably explode if she had to be HOH again! I’m happy for Day - especially since NO ONE in that house thought she could win a comp.

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for the kind words!

CherryPie said...

IM with sflewie...Jackie ur the bomb....I'm sad for Tyler....I favored him plus my pool pick..i don't want to see him go something has to change but I'm afraid since he wanted to leave the house last week that everyone will vote him out. I hope Memphis will go I thought of him as a bully since the beginning. Good Luck Tyler and thanks Jackie

Sharon N said...

"Is Big Brother's Format Broken?" https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2020/08/big-brother-format-broken/

This article says what most of us have felt (and said) for several years now. There's an old saying: "If you're safe and comfortable in the sh*t you're in, keep your mouth shut."
IMO, that fits Grodner. She got lazy and much too comfortable several years ago, and it's easier (for her) to keep things status quo than to actually try to reformat and make the show interesting again.

Cheryl in NC said...

I agree with sflewie.. Jackie you are the best thing about BB.If it wasn't for your wonderfully written and witty blog,I think I would have quit on this show years ago.And of course the pool parties are the place to be during the summer 😎.
I really hope she doesn't put up Ian.I am afraid he would go over Tyler.I would love to see a Memphis nom.
Glad to see my pool girl win a comp.and I hope she does take Kevin off the block. Shake things up in that house a bit.

Maynelle said...

Thank You Jackie for this blog. I rarely watch the show. But I come here daily for updates. I miss the older seasons of BB and I am not a fan of the newer seasons of BB. Thanks for this forum where everyone is respectful.

RJM in SC said...

Jackie, your blog is the only thing that keeps me interested in BB these days. Pray you never give up on us. Hope you received the donation I sent you this week. A small token for what you suffer through for the rest of us. Thank you

Nina said...

I do have to repeat what most are saying to you on this blog Jackie. You're insightful recaps and comments are one of the reasons I continue to watch Big Brother this year. In fact this site is more interesting than the show.

Anonymous said...

Sharon, you are exactly right. So sad CBS can't fire her. BB has been on the down swing for a few years. The old shows are so much better. Whomever does the casting is also REALLY bad...not sure if that is Grodner or not. How about an All Stars with ALL STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bizaro22 said...

Do we really think the older seasons would have actually been better if they took place when social media was around? Just like now, I bet they would have all been roasted online and they all would have all acted/played differently if they were subject to social media scrutiny/toxicity like the hamsters are now. Social media has ruined the game more than anything.

Sharon N said...

The 24/7 cameras allow fans to watch and report every incident of every nature. So I guess house cameras could be added to the blame-game. For several years, the cameras were just another source of entertainment and weren't an issue until about Season 15...fan reports took off in the media and the ugly-inside hit the ugly-road outside.

These days, there's really no excuse. Houseguests are aware that 24/7 cameras record everything, and fans/media report everything. They already KNOW that consequences have affected many past houseguests. I was hopeful for this year's BB because almost all are either older or involved with someone (no showmances!). Yet stupid continues to rule the day! Unnecessary and hurtful words-attitudes, and bully actions have been caught on camera, and... outrage was off and running again.

It's really quite simple.
Houseguests, the fans and media won't stop reporting, so if you don't like consequences, clean up your public act or get out of 'show biz.'

Jackie S. said...

RJM - I'm having a bit of a problem with the email linked to the Paypal account. But I did just check the account itself. Yes, I did get it. Thank you so much!

monty924 said...

I agree with Bizaro22. Social media has ruined BB. People weren't so over sensitive in the earlier seasons of BB and they all left the show being friends for life. It's a different world now and really not for the better. imo