Wednesday, August 02, 2023

BB25: Season Premiere Blog Party!

 


Welcome one and all! Tonight is the season premiere of a milestone season! Who would have thought we'd be in the 25th season? I appreciate those who have been with me through the AOL Message Board and Chat days, the Weblogs.Inc, TVSquad and AOL TV days as well as the new folks who have joined in.

We have 90 minutes of show tonight, then the live feeds will start after the show airs on the West Coast. The live feeds will also be available on Pluto TV this year, but I don't know how that works. My first live feeds report won't be up until tomorrow. Oh ... and the season finale won't be until November! Eep.

CBS BB has announced a 17th mystery hamster will also be in the house. Whether a returning hamster, someone from another show, a D-List celeb, I don't know. They have been saying for more than a few months no returning players, all new cast. I'm thinking it might be Cirie from Survivor. She wanted to be on the show more than her son! We will see.

But first ... the blog pool is still open for the joining! We have no show tomorrow night, so no immediate eviction. The blog pool cut-off is Friday, so if you haven't joined in, there is still time! The sign-up post is at this link right here. Please sign up ONLY at that link!

I will be live blogging the events of tonight's show as best I can as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest updates. And, please bear with me as I try to get their names down. If you need photos/names, please check out the previous posts I made about the cast. As always, the real party is in the comments -- I hope to see you there.

Here's Julie, all dressed in summer garb and looking well! We get a few minutes of BB ins and outs, etc. To the new stuff, please.

Julie tells us it's a 100 day seasons. She says there could be "more" houseguests. Into the hamsters getting their keys now. I won't be commenting on all of it. Blue is single. We didn't know that. Onto Red. Obviously he wants to be a character. Jared now. He talks about being Cirie's son. He isn't going to tell the others about her. Mecole says she was 16 when she graduated from high school. Big deal. I was in college at 16 and I'm no genius!

I need a new paragraph! Matt, the Deafolympics guy is now. He talks very well for never hearing! He's single and willing to showmance. Izzy. Ohh, her flute degree is from Yale! Jag is up next, our Sikh Punjabi dude. He's proud of who he is ... as he should be. Reilly the bartender from Tennessee. She can talk with her mouth closed, sort of. She's single and might showmance.

Okay, those eight are with Julie near the door. They don't enter the house and are told to "sit tight" while they stand.

The next eight are introduced. Luke is first. Ah, his artwork is the link I posted in my intro post about him! Felicia, the 63 year old! I really want to like her -- the oldest woman ever in the house and only Jerry beat her in age. Hisam, speaking of older ... he's more interesting than I thought. A geriatric doctor/burlesque gay Muslim. Oh my! Cory the one with the brother who was on Survivor 44 is next. He's into public speaking. Bowie Jane is a lawyer and a DJ originally from Australia. Athletic.

New paragraph time again! America is a first generation American. Eight in her family, struggles, immersed in education at Brown University. Cameron, space cowboy, likes horses and things that go boom. He named his hair Bertha. His daughter is cute. Kirsten is up, very intelligent. Athletic. Wants a female final two. Hmm. 

Now all 16 are on stage with Julie. She tells them it's 100 days. Twist? A break-in and the BB universe they think they know has changed.

She tells them Expect the Unexpected and we get the clip of Frankie, Britney and Danielle with the time machine. Julie tells the new hamsters that the BB Multiverse has cracked open, changed the house and game. Four universes. BB Comic Verse, Humili verse, Scaryverse, Scrambleverse.

Groups of four move in, peek around, go to back yard. Felicia, Red, America and Matt first in. Once in yard, they each have to pick a pink spot at one of the four multiverses. Next - Cory, Blue, Jared and Izzy green mats. Next Kirsten, Luke, Bowie Jane and Jag, yellow mats. Last four - Hisam, Mecole, Cameron and Reilly, blue mats. It's Reilly's birthday today.

The Scramble-verse globe is lighting up red -- Julie says it's about ready to scramble things up. Hmm.

First comp. She tells them the Scramble-verse has changed the game. They are not competing for HOH. Instead, nomination comp. The loser of the four comps will be nominated for eviction.

Scramble-verse - Puzzling Headlines. They have to unscramble the layout on the BB "magazine" covers and put them back in the box they came from. It's basically a big puzzle with about 12 pieces. Last will be first nominated for eviction. America first has it. Next Bowie Jane. Mecole is next. Jared is the first nominated for eviction.

The Humili-Verse is next. Kicking Butt. The lever and kicking them with a big boot, kick yourself 100 times. The guys are doing better than the girls. Blue seems to be struggling. Yikes! Matt is first done, Hisam next. Kirsten is doing poorly. Blue next. Kirsten is now nominated for eviction with Jared.

BB Comics-Verse is up. Goo-copalypse. Goo bombs. Looks messy to me! They have to connect wires to the goo box, only one way to do it. If it explodes, they are safe and have saved humanity. Jag first done, the Izzy, then Cameron. Felicia last and nominated for eviction.

Scary-verse is next. Hold on Fright. They are laying down with a huge monster hand trying to drag them away. First dragged away will be the 4th nominee and disappear into the Nether Region. When will they return? Only the Scary-verse knows. Cory loses!

So, the nominees are Cory, Jared, Kirsten and Felicia.

Julie tells them to prepare for anything. The Scramble-verse globe is still flashing red. Julie tells us the biggest surprise of the night is ahead.

Sunday is the HOH crowning show. What happened to Cory, Thursday is the eviction. No show tomorrow.

Julie tells them they had a wonderful premiere night and is that CIRIE from Survivor pouring champagne? Yes, it is! I was right!

151 comments:

jo C said...

hi Jackie and Hi to all that follow *SPLASH*

Jackie S. said...

Hey, Jo and all to come!

JonMD1267 said...

Helllloooo Jackie!!! Hi Jo c and everyone to come!!!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie! Thank you for your time. It's greatly appreciated!

Hi jo C

Sharon N said...

Hi everyone!!
So happy BB is back... finally.

Caela said...

Hi everyone!!! So excited that it's finally Big Brother time!!!

jo C said...

hey Nickelpeed N jON

jo C said...

sorry sharo didnt mean to leave u out

JonMD1267 said...

Come on Julie!!! thank you we have our first But First Yes lol

Cheryl in NC said...

Hi Jackie Hi Jo hi Jon and all who come in...Now it feels like summer is here!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Penny and Jon and Jo C and Sharon and Caela

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Cheryl

jo C said...

i got married in gatlinberg its beautiful

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey Glen

JonMD1267 said...

Glenn !!!

JonMD1267 said...

She lives in the county next to me

SueGee said...

Hi guys!!! Some familiar and some new!! And if you haven't done it yet - sign up for the pool! I have been carefully collecting the names and will be putting it all together Saturday!!

Squeegee

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey Squegee!!Thanks to you and Jackie for all you do!

jo C said...

TY SueGee for doing that BB is MUCH more fun when we have a hamster to root for

Anonymous said...

Hi all, Jennifer S here, for some reason, still having difficulty with this format. I would love to get into the pool…. Splash!!!

Petals said...

~*~*~ SPASH ~*~*~

sorry so late!

JonMD1267 said...

Petals!!!

jo C said...

hey petals

Petals said...

I'm totally here for MATT!!!!

Hey Jackie, thank you for hosting-with-the-mosting again this year xox

Hi everyone!
I have a case of cool STELLLLAAAAA at the mini bar

Jackie S. said...

Any guesses on the Mystery Hamster 17? I'm thinking maybe Cirie. They have said no returning hamsters. Hmm.

Petals said...

Hey Jon, Jo, Penny & SQueeeeee & everyone

It is great to be back at the coolest pool party !

Petals said...

did he say "hair head"? lol

jo C said...

Ga well represented 2 hamsters lovin it

Petals said...

Mystery Hamster guest: Jasmine - the southern chick from last year who always read bad southern puns

JonMD1267 said...

I have batteries older then this kid my gosh I’m so old lol

Petals said...

Joe - where are you?

Michelle said...

Hi Everyone!! I was listening to baseball and had forgotten about the Big Brother premiere. Good thing I have Jackie’s blog to fill me in on what I missed.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Suee Gee and Pedals.

Petals said...

LOL Jon, IKR?

Petals said...

Hey Glenn!

Tennis? Did someone say tennis???????

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Michelle!

Cheryl in NC said...

I like your guess Jackie

Petals said...

I like Cameron!

Petals said...

(still giddy about tennis...)

JonMD1267 said...

Petals nope badminton lol

jo C said...

i do too he lives an hour north of me

SueGee said...

I'm going to be in and out until dinner is ready. BB25 feast!! Steak & potatoes and fresh corn on the cob!! NOT sharing LOL

SueGee

Michelle said...

Hi Glen, didn’t your pool pick do well last year?

JonMD1267 said...

We have the first mention of the always talked but rarely implemented girls alliance lol

Petals said...

is there an island named Dominica?

Glenn Allen said...

interesting all still together outside with Julie!

Petals said...

Jon- buzzkill, grrrr

Petals said...

(jon - you rascal! I rewound and it was tennis!) LOL

JonMD1267 said...

Ha lol although the one ladies piece she was playing lol

jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennifer said...

I’m in here again! Hi everyone 😊

Petals said...

my new profile pic is my new grandson Whiskey Blue Scout! Born in Norway last week. I am burting with pride & love.

Glenn Allen said...

hi Michelle. Yes I did!

Petals said...

Hey jennifer!

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey Jen..I was having trouble earlier

Jackie S. said...

Jennifer - the blog pool sign in post is linked in this blog post

JonMD1267 said...

Here went the whole damn budget lol

Caela said...

I love Danielle!! She is in my top 5 fav hamsters!

cctru said...

I remember now why I don't typically join the pool party - I don't see the show for 3 more hours so it's hard to follow along. But I generally come read the coomments after the fact and know there is an interesting group of people here. Looking forward to seeing the show later tonight, jealous of you all getting to see it now.

Petals said...

Still tripping on Matt and tennis. LOL

Petals said...

CCTRU - you can always come in & party!

JonMD1267 said...

Who had the words multiverse coming out Julie’s mouth lol

Glenn Allen said...

The Four Multi Verses!

Cheryl in NC said...

Hi cctru

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Petals, Jon Sue Gee, and all who follow.

I'm gong to root for Cire's son.

Jackie S. said...

Danielle was ripped off!

Petals said...

LOL Jon - you goofball

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jennifer!

Petals said...

Penny! xoxo

JonMD1267 said...

Ok why are people wearing overalls ok I don’t understand lol

SueGee said...

cctru I'm on the West Coast too! Love sitting in here and chatting, and then when it is on here I watch it, sometimes knowing who is going away etc


SueGee

Petals said...

they are back, Jon. For 5 minutes

Petals said...

Loving Matt

JonMD1267 said...

Lol maybe we need to set a limit on the amount of times we all scream Bye Felicia

Caela said...

Yes she was!!!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny!

Petals said...

I'm a bit confused about the directions...but GO MATT

jo C said...

we can make that a drinking game jon LOL

JonMD1267 said...

His shirt is very nice Jags

Petals said...

did someone say drinking game? uhm...YES!

JonMD1267 said...

Did she just say she is going to lie about being one year older?

Petals said...

I think she is 45 pretending to be 34?

Petals said...

when do we drink in this proposed drinking game???????

JonMD1267 said...

I swear I see her and yes I know this is like my gosh he is old plus throw back to the overalls stuff but I just yell Come on Eileeen lol

Jackie S. said...

Jon - Petals has the age right

jo C said...

now ure aging me jon LOl

Jackie S. said...

Looks like I will have a month of blogging all three shows. October. Oy!

JonMD1267 said...

Well here we go lol

Petals said...

I did something right, and it was numbers??? zoinks! Raise the flag!

Petals said...

c'mon MATT!

SueGee said...

And with the strike, you may have Survivor and TAR to blog too!!

Anonymous said...

This is a cool comp! A good sign for the season! Love noms decided right off the bat. The first HOH never knows who they’re nominating.
-CJ

JonMD1267 said...

She has a piece sideways

Petals said...

Jackie - I am ever grateful for your time & hosting of the pool party. I will be donating ASAP

Jackie S. said...

SueGee - That's what I mean -- all three shows in October

Glenn Allen said...

Jarad gets Nominated!

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks!!

How's things?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie and gang.....looking forward to this season

Jackie S. said...

Thank you Petals and Penny, too. I added a Buy Me a Coffee thing too this season. I'm kind of swamped with medical bills not covered by insurance. I'd rather blog for you all than try a GoFundMe.

Anonymous said...

This is cherry pie btw

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey Joe

Jackie S. said...

You all know you can get the feeds this year with commercials on Pluto TV, right?

Jackie S. said...

Ah, Cherry Pie!

Petals said...

Joe!

Petals said...

go matt!

Petals said...

whoooooooo!!!!!

Sally said...

I'm very thankful for Jackie's time and dedication too. Big Brother wouldn't be same without her posts! I already sent a donation as a token thank you

Petals said...

Joe - do you want a Stella? does anyone?

Jackie S. said...

Thank you, Sally. While I do enjoy this and love the community that has grown here, it is indeed work!

Jackie S. said...

This is an interesting start.

Jackie S. said...

Only 20 minutes left!

Petals said...

Cameron looks like Jon Snow!

GO CAM!

Cheryl in NC said...

Ill take cold one Petals please

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Cherry Pie and Joe

Cheryl in NC said...

Thanks for the Pluto Info Jackie!

SueGee said...

I have some ice cream if anyone is interested. I have Its-It ice cream sandwiches made with oatmeal cookies dipped in chocolate....(San Francisco thing)

Squeegee

Joe in NY said...

Did she just say they are getting dragged into a nether region????

Joe in NY said...

Does CBS know what a nether region is? What kind of show is this?

Anonymous said...

Julie needs to stop saying “nether region” lol
-CJ

JonMD1267 said...

Lol Someone call HR lol

Anonymous said...

Jinx Joe haha

Petals said...

odd comp!

Anonymous said...

I don’t think cbs thought this comp through
CJ

Anonymous said...

Are the hands even really pulling?

JonMD1267 said...

Lol

Petals said...

yup - she said Nether region - bwahhaaaa

RJM in SC said...

Thank you for keeping us informed and all the fun parties all these years Jackie

jo C said...

didnt that look like cic from survivor

Joe in NY said...

And she keeps saying nether region...

JonMD1267 said...

I think that was a club back in the 80s

jo C said...

cici sorry

JonMD1267 said...

Thank you Jackie!!! Always a pleasure everyone, take care and stay safe!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn’t Cirie Jared’s mom??? That was his big secret!
Cj

jo C said...

ok guys c yall on sunday

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pool party Jackie! Have a great week everyone!
Cj

Petals said...

well, cirie kills the season for me.

Thanks jackie!

Jackie S. said...

I was right! It's Cirie! Yay!

Brent McKee said...

Okay, did NOT see that one coming!

Glenn Allen said...

Cirie the 17th House Guest!

Jackie S. said...

I don't think Jared knew. But I could be wrong.

Caela said...

Oooh I liked Cirie on Traitors!! Didn't watch her on Survivor

Jackie S. said...

Thank you all for coming! First live feed tomorrow.

SueGee said...

I wouldn't want my Mom on BB with me!!

Cheryl in NC said...

So good to see you all. Thanks jackie for being the best hostess! Your blog,dare I say,better than the show!!
Goodnight all

Brent McKee said...

I don't know for sure, but it doesn't appear that the live feeds on Pluto TV is available in Canada.

Jackie S. said...

Aw, Brent ... that sucks.

Sharon N said...

Thank you Jackie.

I wonder if there's a plan to "use" Cory differently than the other 3. In any case, if The House votes the way they usually do, it will be... bye bye Felicia.

PDX Granny said...

Being on the left coast, I'm only half a hour into the show so far. I've already forgotten all the names, even after reading all of the bios. I'll be catching up on the comments and Jackie's re-cap after I watch. So far, all I've seen is Julie's introductions. I'm impressed with all the brain power with this group. I'm looking forward to seeing how they all use it, and which face they'll all be showing each other.

Jackie S. said...

PDX - In a lot of ways, it's an impressive group.

monty924 said...

Haven’t seen the episode but I’m so thrilled that Cirie is playing BB. I think she’s close to if not THE GOAT of reality TV! Looking forward to the season!

Jackie S. said...

Brent - Check your messages on FB.