I really don't have a heck of a lot for you this week. It seems like the majority of my commutes were rain-filled or high heat and humidity bearing. So, I didn't really take many photos and, you realize if I take photos of landscaping rocks, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here. I will say that, with all the rain we've had throughout the summer, everything is amazingly green and lush for late August. Usually by this time, the lawns that aren't watered are dry and leaves on some of the trees are even dying.
Some random thoughts this week:
- I'm not as thumpy or door-slammy as many neighbors in the building. I'll have to work on that.
- People seriously need to keep moving when they step off a train or enter/exit stores. Ahem! People are BEHIND you.
- Amazon Prime needs to stop using USPS for their "guaranteed two day delivery" packages. USPS is the most undependable carrier out there. A huge part of why I went to Amazon Prime is the delivery guarantee time. I'm only home two specific days a week. If I order something heavy for home delivery, I time it to appear on that day. I don't want to schlep heavy stuff from work to home on the train.
- That said, I will be re-watching all five seasons of The Wire for free on Amazon Prime.
- Soon I'll qualify for less than half-fare on NJ Transit.
- But I won't be able to retire due to the added ridiculously high expense of health insurance on a reduced income even though I'd have Social Security, my work pension and my 401K. If not for the work-related health insurance ending -- although I can still carry cheap life insurance -- it would be easy to make ends meet. If you can retire at 62 on Social Security, you should be able to get Medicare at the same age!
- I have two full weeks of work, then a three day work week, then my next staycation. I seriously need it.
Not only on NJ Transit trains, but in the employee lounge at work, too! Sheesh, I'm the one with knee replacements and all kinds of leg and back issues. Yet the people nearly 40 years younger than I am tend to not be able to sit upright with feet on the floor. They have to sprawl out and practically be lying down in the chairs. I don't even like to sit on the chairs in the lounge -- they're all feet grungy. I feel like I should sit atop a plastic bag like I do on street benches.
|Let the sun shine ...|
Caught in the sun's morning rays, this morning glory is quite splendid indeed.
|Fashion, beep beep|
Trendsetter in motion on North Avenue in Plainfield.